Our AV Entrepreneurship High School focuses around entrepreneurship and building a business. We include all the personal and professional skills entrepreneurs must develop to become successful. Students are involved in real-world experiences and learn how businesses function, which help them reach their ultimate goal of creating their own business or product.
Students can either improve their business during a college career, or introduce it into the marketplace as their full-time career after graduating from The AV Entrepreneurship High School. Every student who successfully completes our program receives a high school diploma and a transcript that reflects their amazing real-world learning experience.
Our high school uses the highly-acclaimed UnCharted Learning Entrepreneurship program to guide our students’ experiences. As illustrated below, during the first year of our high school program, students follow INCubatoredu. During a student’s 2nd and/or 3rd year, students follow the ACCELeratoredu. The specific areas focused on during these times are as follows:
INCubatoredu offers an authentic entrepreneurship experience as students develop their own product or service startup.
Problem-Solution Identification | Student teams explore, pivot, iterate and develop resilience as they work to solve problems they care about.
Customer and Idea Exploration | Real entrepreneurs and industry experts serve as volunteer coaches and mentors guiding student teams through the process of idea validation.
Pitch for Real Funding | Student teams pitch to gain investment funds in a final shark-tank style pitch event.
YEAR 2 and/or 3
ACCELeratoredu provides students the opportunity to launch and gain traction for their business.
Company Formation | Establishing a legal entity and developing three areas: customer acquisition, production and business processes as it suits their business.
Market Traction | The experience models a real-life start-up accelerator focused on developing teams through mentorship, education, connections, and accountability to launch a company.
Iterate and Scale | The course transitions businesses founded in INCubatoredu into sustainable, functioning ventures.
Each student is placed on a Team consisting of a total of 4 students. Each 4 student Team is led by 1 adult Coach who provides students with focused team and individualized attention, while guiding them through their entrepreneurial experiences.
A Student’s Day
Students meet with their Team Monday-Friday virtually for 4 consecutive hours. The specific time frame is determined by the following factors:
1) the time zone the student is located in
2) requested/preferred time of the student and/or parents
3) coordination and matching with other potential student team members’ time preferences, skills and characteristics
Students complete work/tasks as a team, individually, and with/out their Coach during these scheduled times, as well as outside of these times as necessary. Professionals from various industries are recruited and join Student Team meetings whenever necessary to lend their expertise to specific topics/concepts.
We have a very limited number (16) of highly sought after “positions” on our Student Teams for the 2022-2023 school year. Please apply early.
- * Must be a rising 10th or 11th grader
- * Self-Starter with things that interests you
- * Creative
- * Collaborates with others
- * Special Needs or Regular Ed
- * Struggle in traditional school setting
- * Risk-taker
- * May or may not have plans for life after high school
- * May be labeled as an underachiever
- * Willing to work hard for/at something that interests you
- * Needs variety
- * May beat to a different drum
- * Frustrated with high school experience
All students must complete this ADMISSIONS APPLICATION and submit a 60 second Tik Tok video talking about their GREATNESS. The deadline to submit your application is April 1, 2022 @ 5pm est. No late submissions will be considered. Applications will be considered as they are received, so apply early.
Virtual interviews will be conducted throughout the month of April. Every student who applies, will be scheduled for an interview. Each interview will last between 30-50 minutes. All student interviews will be conducted by the Founder of The Academy Virtual High School, Jimmy Arispe. The purpose of the interview is to determine if the student applicant has the personality and desire to be successful in the program. We will develop the skills!
- * Friday, April 1, 2022 @ 5pm: Student Applications Due
- * Month of April 2022: Student Interviews Conducted
- * First week of May 2022: Students Notified of Acceptance, Denial or Wait List
- * Friday, May 27, 2022: Families must notify school if they accept admittance and submit $500 non-refundable Commitment Fee to secure Position
- * Thursday, June 30, 2022: 1st monthly Tuition payment due
- * Monday, August 8, 2022: 1st day of School
- * A Commitment Fee of $500 is due by Friday, May 27, 2022 to secure a student’s Position on a Team. This is non-refundable.
- * Student tuition is paid monthly or in one full payment. Monthly tuition payments are paid no later than the last business day of each month.
- * 11 Monthly Tuition payments = $1,000 (June – April)
- * One Full Tuition payment = $10,000