Our high school is focused around entrepreneurship and all of the personal and professional skills that entrepreneurs must develop to become successful. Students are invovled in real-world experiences that help them reach their ultimate goal of creating a business/product that they can take to college to make better, or put into the marketplace to earn a living from after they graduate from The AV Entrepreneurship High School. Every student who successfully completes our program receives a high school diploma.
Our high school utilizes the highly-acclaimed UnCharted Learning Entrepreneurship program to guide our students’ experiences. As illustrated below, during the 1st year of our high school program, students follow INCubatoredu. During a student’s 2nd and/or 3rd year, students follow the ACCELeratoredu. The specific areas focused on during these times are as follows:
INCubatoredu offers an authentic entrepreneurship experience as students develop their own product or service startup.
Problem-Solution Identification | Student teams explore, pivot, iterate and develop resilience as they work to solve problems they care about.
Customer and Idea Exploration | Real entrepreneurs and industry experts serve as volunteer coaches and mentors guiding student teams through the process of idea validation.
Pitch for Real Funding | Student teams pitch to gain investment funds in a final shark-tank style pitch event.
YEAR 2 and/or 3
ACCELeratoredu provides students the opportunity to launch and gain traction for their business.
Company Formation | Establishing a legal entity and developing three areas: customer acquisition, production and business processes as it suits their business.
Market Traction | The experience models a real-life start-up accelerator focused on developing teams through mentorship, education, connections, and accountability to launch a company.
Iterate and Scale | The course transitions businesses founded in INCubatoredu into sustainable, functioning ventures.
Each student is placed on a Team consisting of a total of 4 students. Each 4 student Team is led by 1 adult Coach who provides students with focused team and individualized attention, while guiding them through their entrepreneurial experiences.
A Student’s Day:
Students meet with their Team Monday-Friday virtually from 1pm until 4pm. This specific time frame is based on the Student Team they are on and the kids’ time zone. We try to match all of the kids by grade level and time zone as closely as possible and will adjust this as necessary and by parent request whenever possible.
Students complete work/tasks as a team, individually, and with/out their Coach during these scheduled times, as well as outside of these times as necessary. Professionals from various industries are recruited and join Student Team meetings whenever necessary to lend their expertise to specific topics/concepts.
Our Calendar and The Real-World
In the real-world, most adults do not/cannot take off from work for 2 months. Students should understand that @ The Academy Virtual High School we are preparing them for real-life, not school. With this, our school operates on a year-round calendar. Students ATTEND school during the traditional summer months on an adjusted schedule.
For our inaugural year, we have a very limited number (16) of highly sought after “positions” on our Student Teams. Please apply early.
- * Self-Starter with things that interests you
- * Creative
- * Collaborates with others
- * Special Needs or Regular Ed
- * Struggle in traditional school setting
- * Risk-Taker
- * May or may not have plans for life after high school
- * May be labeled as an underachiever
- * Rising 10th or 11th grader
- * Willing to work hard for/at something that interests you
- * Needs variety
- * May beat to a different drum
- * Frustrated with high school experience
All students must complete this SCHOOL APPLICATION FORM and submit a 60 second Tik Tok video talking about their GREATNESS. The deadline to submit your application is Friday, May 21, 2021 @ 5pm est. No late submissions will be considered. Applications will be considered as they are received, so apply early.
Virtual interviews will be conducted during the 1st week of June 2021. Each interview will last between 30-50 minutes. All student interviews will be conducted by the Founder of The Academy Virtual High School, Jimmy Arispe. The purpose of the interview is to determine if the student applicant has the personality and desire to be successful in the program. We will develop the skills!
- * Fri, May 21 @ 5pm: Student Applications Due
- * Week of May 24th : Student Notified of Interview Date/Time
- * Week of June 1st: Student Interviews Conducted
- * Mon, June 14th: Student Notified of Acceptance, Denial or Wait List
- * Wed, June 16th: Families must notify school if they accept admittance and submit $500 non-refundable Commitment Fee to secure Position
- * Wed, June 30th: 1st monthly Tuition payment due
- * Fri, July 30th: 2nd monthly Tuition payment due
- * Mon, August 2nd: 1st day of School
- * A Commitment Fee of $500 is due on Wednesday, June 16, 2021 to secure a student’s Position on a Team. This is non-refundable.
- * Student tuition is paid monthly or in one full payment. Monthly tuition payments are paid no later than the last business day of each month.
- * 11 Monthly Tuition payments = $1,100 (June – April)
- * One Full Tuition payment = $11,000